As we reach the time of year where you have budgeted for updated code books knowing the change to the 2018 "I" Codes with the NYS amendments is looming we have some information to share:
1. The Codes Council has voted to move to adopt the 2018 "I" codes with NYS amendments as the next code update.
2. The effective date will be March 1, 2020 with a 90 day window prior to that date where plans can be submitted for a permit utilizing a design based on the 2015 "I" codes with the 2017 NYS Supplement or the 2018 "I" codes with the NYS amendments.
3. Each municipality will have a single user access to the NYS version of the "I" codes available on-line at the ICC website and a Pdf version.
4. If you currently have a subscription to access the 2015 "I" codes on-line and wish to upgrade/renew it to the 2018 "I" codes for a year, that is what you will receive the pure 2018 "I" codes. You will not be able to convert that subscription to the NYS version of the codes.
5. As soon as the NYS specific "I" codes are available you will be able to purchase additional on-line copies of the NYS version of the "I" codes, as of now that date has not been determined.
6. You may wish to consider retaining your current 2015 "I" code subscription for at least a year if you have projects that will still be under construction next year since that's the code you have issued the permit under.