TOWN OF OGDEN FULL-TIME ASSISTANT BUILDING INSPECTOR:
The Town of Ogden seeks a qualified individual as a full -time ASSISTANT BUILDING INSPECTOR,
averaging 35 hours per week.
Position demands a thorough knowledge of NYS Uniform Code. Must have excellent interpersonal skills
and be able to interact positively with public officials, building contractors and the general public. Must
have a strong sense of ethics. Must be detail oriented and be able to multi-task.
• Valid NYS Driver's License
• NYS Basic Code Enforcement Train ing Certificate
• Civil Service competitive standing
• Inspects buildings under construction to ensure conformity to plans and compliance with
• Explains to building contractors, property owners, and the general public the requirements of
the New York State Building Code, Zoning ordinances, and other applicable laws.
• Enforces safety rules and regulations during construction and with regard to the installation of
• Assists in the office with counter work and other duties as assigned by Building Inspector.
Must possess a working knowledge of:
• The methods, practices, and materials involved in building construction .
• The New York State Building Code
• The building trades
• The principles of architecture and engineering
• Town of Ogden Codes
Applications available from the Receptionist at Ogden Community Center, 269 Ogden Center Rd.,
Spencerport or @www.ogdenny.com E.O.E.